Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valibation: The Disease of Always Being on Your Phone (NSFW)

Written By Admin; About: Valibation: The Disease of Always Being on Your Phone (NSFW) on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valibation: The Disease of Always Being on Your Phone (NSFW) If you have 20 minutes, you should watch Valibation. It's a short film directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson (he's done a Harold and Kumar movie but this is nothing like that) that shows how being addicted to your phone can turn into a disease where the phone actually becomes a part of you. It's dark, it's weird and it's revealing—would we want our phones to be a part of us? That's not an automatic no, right?


Strauss-Schulson told FirstShowing:



"I'm addicted to my cell phone. I'm on it all the time. Why? Why am I on Instagram all day? Why do I have a reflex to grab my phone the second someone gets up from a table at dinner. Why do I care if someone retweets me... What is that?


I don't have the answer, but it seemed like an interesting and, hopefully, relatable issue to dive into with this new short.



And it's true. If your phone isn't in your hand already, it's pretty much always within arm's reach. It's an addiction and there's no cure. The short film doesn't hold any punches and can get pretty gruesome. But as sick and unrealistic as seeing a phone literally become a part of your hand, it feels like the future will eventually make it that way. [Valibation]