Thursday, April 11, 2013

How do you need to approach a potential mentor?

Written By Admin; About: How do you need to approach a potential mentor? on Thursday, April 11, 2013

fabdays.blogspot.com ® How do you need to approach a potential mentor?

Dilemma made by fab: How do I approach a potential mentor?

There is someone in a senior position where I work who I’m very interested in talking to about my own future. In searching around (on the net), I found that this person could be the guru I’m looking for in my field and would provide some valuable insight for me regarding some of my career aspirations. I would love to have a chance to talk to this person – what’s the best way to approach someone? I want to basically let this person know that their background aligns very much with some of my goals, and ask if they’d be willing to sit down with me some time to chat a little about it. Is there a “best” approach, and how do I present myself without looking like a dork who “googles” people.


Thanks!


This is now needed to know about How do I approach a potential mentor? may really should resolve difficulties by themselves. With some luck this will assist you in several ways: in order to make your life greater. With the expectation needed to know about How do I approach a potential mentor? can be an alternative of the future.
Solution:


Answer by Carl M
I believe manager-tools had something on this a few months ago.


http://www.manager-tools.com/


But i cannot seem to find it at the moment. I believe you will find it in there somewhere.


Answer by tigglys
Everyone “googles” people nowdays!


So, write to the person and explain your interest in this career path. Express your admiration for their leadership in the field – and ask if you could meet. That you would like the opportunity to speak with them about what they have learned and any suggestions they have for you.


Most people would be FLATTERED – so, this shouldn’t be too hard!


Best of luck.


Know much better?

Leave all your answer from a comments!

How do you need to approach a potential mentor?